UR Business Network is looking for energetic and driven students who love social media and want to improve their media marketing and production skills in the future.
This unique opportunity gives you direct ‘hands-on’ experience in the field. You have autonomy, responsibility and accountability from day one.
You will work in a fast-paced, dynamically evolving environment.
You will have training, coaching, and mentoring. This is an opportunity to work directly with senior level executives and experts who will join us on the radio show.
The successful intern will achieve the following:
- Develop impressive resume building experience in media marketing and production
- Learn practical business development skills – to complement college class work
- Gain real world experience and practice in the skills and tasks on the operational side of a studio
- Acquire a series of success stories – outcomes and deliverables achieved for your portfolio.
- Create meaningful relationships with CEOs, entrepreneurs, and professionals of every field, who are either in Forbes Magazine or in a rising start-up in Boston, Ma.
For this position, we seek a candidate with a strong interest in a career in media marketing and radio production. The selected intern will be an integral part of the show’s success, and ensure the integration and cross-fertilization between this show and the other shows in the station lineup. Upward Mobility is available to those who are extremely serious on taking media production and marketing to the next level.
Candidates must be available 2-3 days per week. The position is part-time. It is an unpaid internship. Food will be provided and the hours are extremely flexible–we provide carpooling if you are taking the T.
Given the opportunity to be part of the fast growth of our radio shows as well as the entire station programming, this is an attractive opportunity for someone attending school or recently graduated who is looking for relevant current experience before embarking on a full-fledged career search.
- Produce shows and write finished show descriptions
- Research prospective guests – for relevance, expertise, professionalism, speaking capacity
- Leverage leads
- Provide first level screening for potential unqualified guests
- Promote guests and the show through traditional and online media
- Coordinate, schedule and follow-up with guests and guest hosts
- Provide prospective guests with materials, track return of materials, post and distribute show recordings
- Track guests in show database
- Greet and host guests at the studio
- Coordinate timing/reception quality for call in guests
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description of why you want a marketing/production internship. Give 1-2 examples of your strengths/experience in marketing and in production. If you don’t have one or the other, just say so!
Our offices are located at 10 Micro Drive, 2nd floor, Woburn, MA
What we are looking for at UR Business Network:
- Extremely well-organized
- Highly attentive to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills – in person, by phone or email. Be able to work professionally and respectfully with high-power guests coming on the show.
- Strong desire to learn, grow, succeed
- Solution-oriented – strong problem-solving abilities
- Sound understanding of business
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership
- Entrepreneurial interest
- Skilled and experienced in teamwork and collaboration
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
- Some business development, sales or marketing experience
“After interning with UR Business Network for the past 2 years, I have made lasting friends and learned so much about radio production. UR really gives you the freedom to mold the career that you want for yourself” –Prince Sefa-Boakye